Shoot with care
In the early summer months the pathway is closed and there's no access to this part of the lake to protect breeding birds.
About this spot
This small tree is located on the north shore of Buttermere and is possibly the most photographed tree in the Lakes. From here you'll enjoy views down lake towards Fleetwith Pike and Hay Stacks.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.