Bowleaze Cove & the Lookout
3 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Bowleaze Cove is a small sand and shingle beach on the outskirts of Weymouth. The beach has an offering of small rock pools, a small stream bubbling over rocks to the sea and a small pier – by no stretch of the imagination the most attractive pier in the world but the backdrop of Portland is pretty special. The cliff rising above Bowleaze Cove to the west is a great overlook back towards Bowleaze, and to the west across the arcing Weymouth Bay around to Portland – particularly photogenic at dusk when Weymouth seafront is lit up.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.