Update July 2019: The road to the trail is closed for further notice.
About this spot
The first 2.2 miles of this walk are on paved road where bicycles and people hauling coolers are not uncommon sights. From the end of the old road, Lower Boulder Falls lies to the right, up hill. Stay left when the trail divides and follow a well beaten track through a camp area to find a trail sign in 0.2 mile. Leave the meadows and follow the trail 0.6 miles through the forest to an intersection. Stay left on the Appleton Pass trail for another, nearly level, 0.6 miles to Lower Boulder Falls. (To reach the Olympic Hot Springs, go straight ahead from the end of the road. The hot springs are located across Boulder Creek. These popular pools vary in temperature from warm to hot. They are undeveloped, natural pools and can be quite dirty. Shoes or sandals are recommended when entering the pools.)
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.