About this spot
Bodie Island Light Station is the second most recognizable lighthouse on the Outer Banks and a “must” stop for every photographer. The light station grounds feature the old keeper's house and a few exhibits. Most visitors come for the challenge of climbing the 200 steps to the Observation deck platform located just below the light. A short trail, starting from the restrooms, leads to a platform overlooking a marsh.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.