Shoot with care
Area of pristine nature - let's do all we can to keep it that way
About this spot
Sprague Lake provides one of the best views in Rocky Mountain National Park. It is actually a very shallow lake that was artificially created by Abner Sprague for visitors to his lodge prior to the creation of the national park. He chose the ideal location to view the stunning peaks of the Continental Divide.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.