BL - Emerald Lake
4 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Emerald Lake is the last lake along this trail. It lies right at the edge of tree line, the point where trees can no longer grow due to cooler temperatures caused by the high elevation. The lake is right at the base of two spectacular peaks, Hallett Peak on the left and Flattop Mountain on the right. These mountains climb right out of the lakes and tower high above it. It is a spectacular place to visit, but a challenging place to photograph.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.