About this spot
Avon Fishing Pier has an odd rambling look. The pier seems to meander into the water, winding a bit to the north then bending to the south as it heads out for 600 feet into the Atlantic Ocean. The pier even has buckled planks giving it a signature drunken look. The sandy beach around and below the pier is open to the public. Views from the deck of the pier span the ocean and the town of Avon. Surfers are a common site in this tourist centered area.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.