Atop Dune 45
4 images 2 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Take care when driving off-road vehicles and use existing tracks to avoid making new marks on the landscape. Most life in the dunes exists within 10cm of the surface; plants, nests and wildlife can easily be destroyed if rules are not followed.
About this spot
There are two large bowls in the spine of Dune 45, which make a fantastic foreground with the massive Northern dunes in the background. Any person in reasonable shape can reach the first bowl within about 45 minutes, but you shouldn’t wander any further into the dunes if you are not exceptionally fit. Keep in mind that if you walk along the spine from the parking lot you’ll ruin your foreground, so you have to walk along the base, climb up the side and then approach this spot from the South.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.