Artist Point and Kulshan Ridge
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
On that rare, clear day, Artist Point has jaw-dropping views of both Mount Shuksan and Mount Baker as well as a host of lesser mountains such as the Border Peaks, Yellow Aster Butte, Goat and Table Mountains. Patches of snow often linger here for much of the summer and visitors are often found sliding and enjoying rockus snowball fights. One of the very special things about this area is its versatility as a photo location. Sunrise and early mornings are great times to photograph Mount Baker while the afternoon and evenings are perfect for Mount Shuksan. Kulshan Ridge heads east out of the parking area to further views of both mountains. Near Huntoon Point, at the end of the ridge lie several small tarns which are ideal locations to capture reflections of Mount Shuksan at sunset.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.