Sweetgum and Ancient Hammock Trails, Highlands Hammock State Park
3 images 1 contributors 3 comments Shoot with care
Shoot with care
Unless you are in the Park on a non-busy day, tripod use may interfere with hikers in places. Early and mid-week are the slowest days. The gate closes promptly. Be sure to check with the ranger about gate closing time. You do not want to be locked into the park for the night.
About this spot
A hammock is an area that is often higher than the surrounding land with humus rich soil and hardwood trees including oaks, sweetgums, hickories, and palms. The area is home to much of the native Florida wildlife and plants.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers