St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge - Headquarters Pond observation platform
7 images 1 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
ALL federal, state, and local laws and regulations are applicable on Refuge System lands and waters (see web link below). Please do not litter. Administrative roads and levees may be closed during prescribed burns, peak wildlife events, especially around eagle nests, shorebird and waterfowl areas. Please check with the Visitor Center.
About this spot
St. Marks National Wildlife Refuge is divided into several sections. This is the St. Marks section in Crawfordville, Florida. This section of the refuge includes a lighthouse, coastal marshes, freshwater swamps and ponds, and seashore. Many bird species either live in, or migrate through, the refuge. The Headquarters Pond observation platform is located on the south side of a pond frequented by birds, alligators, turtles and snakes. The entrance fee is $2 USD per person. The gate opens at 0600 and closes at 2100 hours.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers