About this spot
The Royal Air Force practice beach landings at this flat, wide beach off the Carmarthenshire coast. It is one of only a small number of locations in all of the UK that such exercises are possible. With some research and planning, you can stand a good chance to witness this incredible sight for yourself. The RAF usually use the C-130 Hercules for these exercises.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This event appears in 1 guide.