How to add a new spot to PhotoHound
Step 1 – Add a title and location
Keep titles short, clear and relevant to the subject of the photo.
- Use simple titles: e.g. The Trevi Fountain
- If it’s a building, specify if it’s the interior or exterior: e.g. Natural History Museum – Interior
- Use explanatory names: e.g. View of St Paul’s from Millennium Bridge
- Use the local name first (add the English translation in brackets if applicable): e.g. Rabeljsko Jezero (Predil Lake)
Interiors and exteriors of buildings
When submitting spots of public buildings and tourist attractions (museums, churches, cathedrals, etc), the interiors and exteriors should be listed as separate spots. This is because the shooting recommendations will be different. For example – an interior of a cathedral might have certain opening hours, an entry fee, and tripods may not be welcomed. Whereas the exterior of the same cathedral may be freely accessible at all hours, with tripods allowed.
- Place a marker for your spot on the map. The marker should represent the place where you took the photo, not the subject of your image.
- The text search box helps you quickly zoom to the nearest street, town or city. For example, search for “Baker Street London” to locate address on the map. After that, simply click and drag the red marker to the exact location.
- If it’s helpful, click one of the additional marker buttons to add extra markers. These can be used to describe other helpful points to find the spot, such as the nearest car park, public transport, ticket booth, or entrance.
Hit the Add spot button to add your photo spot to PhotoHound. Our team of curators will review your spot within 24 hours, and you will receive a notification when it has gone live.
We look forward to enjoying your wonderful photos and thank you for sharing your photo experience with the PhotoHound community,