About this spot
This is just one of many locations where you can find moose in Rocky Mountain National Park. There is no guarantee that you will see them at this location, but it is a good place to start your search. The Kawuneeche Valley is one of the prime hangouts for moose due to the marshy terrain and the presence of willow bushes to munch on. Beaver Ponds is one of the places that they frequently can be found. If you don’t see them here, then continue down the Kawuneeche Valley keeping your eyes open. You may have to drive the road a couple of times before you spot them as they are easy to miss due to their dark coats which often look like shadows. One of the other places where they can be commonly found is in the area behind the Rocky Mountain National Park entrance sign near Grand Lake. There are a lot of willow bushes here that attract them. If you don’t find any moose along the road, then you can also try hiking into East Meadow, Summerland Park or Big Meadow. All of these areas are prime moose habitat.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.