About this spot
This is just one of many locations where you can find herds of elk in Rocky Mountain National Park. There is no guarantee that you will see them at this location, but it is a good place to start your search. The elk tend to roam as they graze. During the spring, winter and autumn it is common to find them in the large meadows: Moraine Park, Beaver Meadows, Horseshoe Park and the Kawuneeche Valley. Generally a drive through each of these parks will reveal one or more herds of elk. During the warm summer months the elk tend to move up to the tundra where the air is cooler.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.