Shoot with care
A free permit is required to access the wind farm other than at the visitor center. Rules prohibit approaching wind machines or traveling on wind machine access roads.
About this spot
Wild Horse Wind & Solar Facility is a wind turbine farm owned by Puget Sound Energy. Set on 10,800 acres, the wind farm has 149 wind turbines marching across state-owned and private desert wild lands in central Washington. Though private, the facility is open for recreational uses such as hiking, birdwatching, and photography through a permit system. Permits are available on line or at the visitor center and are good for one season (April through November - the facility is closed to public the rest of the year).
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers