Shoot with care
We must minimize our impacts and leave as little evidence as possible of our visits to this beautiful national park. Always pack-out anything you pack-in; including trash such as food wrappers and empty bottles. Remember the removal of any of our natural or cultural resources is prohibited. Follow all park regulations for your own safety.
About this spot
White Sands National Monument is a large area of white sand dunes in New Mexico. These endless sand dunes are made up of white gypsum sand and extend as far as the eye can see.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers