About this spot
The Wawona region features a variety of photographic subjects for the visitors to Yosemite. The most famous attraction is the Big Trees Lodge, historically known as Wawona Hotel, built in 1876 by the Washburn brothers. The hotel is a National Historic Landmark, and worth the visit. Also found in this area is the Wawona meadow located across the street, and accessible via a 3.5-mile loop trail. The Pioneer Yosemite History Center is also located in this area and is covered as a separate spot in this guide. You can also hike 8.4 miles (13.51 km) round trip to Chilnualna Falls from here.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.