About this spot
Washington State ferries provide easy access to the waters of Puget Sound for photography. There are eight routes to choose from, with travel times ranging from about 10 minutes on the Southworth to Vashon Island run to several hours on the Anacortes to Sidney, BC run. Most routes are between 20 minutes and 35 minutes. Passenger fares are round-trip (except for the Port Townsend - Coupeville route and sailings to or from Sidney, BC), while most vehicle fares are one way.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.