About this spot
Wareham Forest is one of several conifer plantations that took over much of the Dorset heathland just after the war. The forest, located north west of Wareham, has a diverse habitat including extensive pine woodlands, one of England’s largest valley mire habitats and stretches of heathland. During late summer, the heathland areas are lit up with a sea of pinks and purples from the flowering heather.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.