About this spot
Westminster Palace is commonly known as the Houses of Parliament and often referred to as Big Ben, which is actually the name given to the Great Bell in the palace’s Elizabeth Tower rather than the Great Clock itself. The entire palace, with the clock tower included, is home to the House of Lords and the House of Commons, the two houses of the parliament of the UK. Westminster Bridge and Lambeth Bridge either side of the palace are painted in green and red respectively to represent the colours of the seats of the two opposing sides of the Houses of Parliament. The Palace of Westminster is considered to be one of the finest examples of the perpendicular, Gothic styles and is perhaps the most well known British landmarks.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.