US Highway 70
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
This is a section of US Hwy 70 that has remained unchanged for years. The road is narrow, passing through small communities with the traditional small homes and large churches. Barring a few rental houses, there are few tourist services in the form of restaurants or grocery stores. The small marinas mentioned in the directions are another reminder of what North Carolina was like before the coastal islands were discovered by fishermen and beach lovers. Note the colorful wreaths on the church doors, another endearing local southern custom. Between the small communities, US Hwy 70, (which becomes NC Hwy 12), crosses large, open estuaries, home for thousands of birds and few places to stop. The most modern parts of the drive are the new, elevated bridges.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.