About this spot
Wave Spring is a small pool not too far from Beauty Pool. The interesting aspect of Wave Spring is its deep orange-brown color from a thick mat of cyanobacteria. Even though it is named Wave Spring, it is actually a fountain geyser and did erupt in 1990. Eruptions are extremely rare but it is a reminder that change is constantly taking place in Yellowstone.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.