UGB - Spa Geyser
1 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Spa Geyser sits right alongside the trail as you take the spur trail to Riverside Geyser. Although Spa is a fountain geyser its eruptions are rare and are associated with Grotto Geyser. Spa will only have an eruption if Grotto is having a “marathon” eruption. When this happens Spa can erupt for up to 3 hours with a height of 45 feet (13.7 m) or more. When not erupting, Spa Geyser is a beautiful pool to photograph. Depending on how close your visit is to an eruption at Grotto Geyser, you may find Spa Geyser to be either a full pool of water, or mostly geyserite with just a small pool of water in the center.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.