Shoot with care
Go early or late to avoid crowds. Consider alternative nearby spots.
About this spot
Old Faithful is the most iconic feature in Yellowstone National Park. The geyser erupts an average of 74 minutes apart but the intervals can be between 60-100 minutes. The building around Old Faithful, the visitor center and lodges have more accurate predictions based on the previous eruption. The geyser has an average height of 130 feet (40 m) and is always a crowd pleaser. Eruptions last between 1.5 - 5 minutes.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.