About this spot
Beauty Pool is one of the largest springs in the Upper Geyser Basin and is aptly named. Its pool of deep blue to green water is surrounded by a large band of orange and rust-colored cyanobacteria that comes almost to the edge of the boardwalk. Beauty Pool and Chromatic Pool, to its left, are linked. Periodically the waters shift and one pool will rise and the other descends. The changes take place as often as a few weeks apart or as long as several years apart.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.