About this spot
This location is the first major overlook on Trail Ridge Road as it climbs up the mountain. It is a great place to watch the sun rise and to see the impact of the light on Longs Peak and the surrounding mountains. There are some rocks you can climb on just to the east of the parking lot or you can walk up the sidewalk to the official overlook.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.