About this spot
Forest Canyon Overlook is located at 11,700 feet (3566 m) above sea-level on Trail Ridge Road. It is in the delicate alpine tundra a world of miniature plants which survive the harsh conditions by remaining close to the ground where the temperature is slightly warmer and the winds are less harsh. There is a short paved walking path leading to an overlook of the mysterious Forest Canyon, one of the most rugged areas in all of Colorado. From here you can look west and get a glimpse of the Never Summer Mountains.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.