About this spot
The Torre of Matilde is the bell tower of the Cathedral of San Miniato, restored and open to the public since 2004. The tower is so named according to an unfounded legend that Matilde di Canossa, one of the most important and interesting figures of the Italian Middle Ages, was born in the adjacent Palazzo dei Vicari.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.