The White Domes
5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
This hike or backpacking trip leads to the top of Canaan Mountain, a vast plateau extending from the Arizona Strip in the South to the Virgin River Valley in the north. From a landscape photography stance, the interest is principally the area called the White Domes: a series of strikingly white sandstone domes rising from the surrounding colorful sandstone. One of the domes has wave-like curves reminiscent of the uber-famous Wave in the Coyote Buttes and some have started calling it the White Wave.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.