About this spot
The University Church of St Mary’s the Virgin is an Oxford church situated on the north side of the High Street. Standing in the very centre of Oxford, it is the spiritual heart of the oldest university in Britain It is the centre from which the University of Oxford grew and its parish consists almost exclusively of university and college buildings. For photographers, the appealing gothic architecture makes for a great picture, but even better is the view at the top of the tower. This beautiful and elegant building can be photographed from several different angles externally and internally.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.