The Pioneer Yosemite History Center
2 images 1 contributors
About this spot
The Pioneer Yosemite History Center is a collection of historic buildings that have come from various locations throughout the park to be preserved and to serve as educational tools for the public. Here you can find a covered bridge, The Old Hodgdon House, George Anderson’s cabin, the old jail from Yosemite Valley, Yosemite Valley’s Wells Fargo Building, various carriages and wagons and other artifacts. There are also live blacksmith demonstrations and carriage rides in the summer.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.