About this spot
Tarn Hows is situated 2.5 miles to the east of Coniston, and is a wonderful wooded area with a tarn, containing a few small islands, set in a valley surrounded by low hills. There is plenty to capture from panoramic shots of the tarn from the hills to closer details in the trees.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.