Tanjung Puting National Park with Klotok
27 images 3 contributors Shoot with care
Shoot with care
The orangutans are being reintroduced to the wild so the direct contact with them is not a good practice. Some of the local guides will touch, caress or feed them directly - you can politely ask them not to do that.
About this spot
Tanjung Puting national park is located in the south part of Borneo island in Kalimantan Tengah province. It is one of the best places to watch orangutans and other monkey and apes, proboscis and gibbons. One can visit the famous research centre at Camp Leakey.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers