Shoot with care
Keep dogs on a lead lots of sheep grazing and wildlife.
About this spot
Swyre Head at 208 metres is the highest point on the Isle Of Purbeck, classified as a Marilyn ( which means it stands 150 metres above everything in its immediate vicinity). This spot gives extensive views towards the Isle Of Portland in the west and the Isle Of Wight in the east and lays inland about half a mile from the South West Coastal Path. The OS grid ref is SY934784.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers