About this spot
One of the highlights of Montenegro is Sveti Stefan. The former fishing village situated on a peninsula became a hotel-town 60 years ago. According to tradition, a fortified village was built in the 15th century to defend against the Turks and became a haven for pirates of the Adriatic and initially housed 12 families. All of the buildings were acquired by the Yugoslav government and turned into an upscale hotel during the communist period. From this spot you have the best views of the island and surrounding area.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.