About this spot
A famous waterfall in south-east Iceland, known for the basalt columns surrounding it. The waterfall is located within the Skaftafell park, which features lots of foliage to contrast with the barren black sands you drove across to get here. The columns surrounding the waterfall are mirrored in the design of the large church in Reykjavik, Hallgrimskirkja.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.