About this spot
Although the town boasts of having only 95 full time residents, Stehekin is a bustling community during the summer. The Lady of the Lake and its sister ship, the Lady 2, bring up their daily compliment of visitors to fill the hotel, guest lodgings and campgrounds. The Red Buses shuttles hikers and campers upvalley and take the day visitors on a tour of the popular attractions including Rainbow Falls, Buckner Orchard, the old school house and The Bakery. Visitors can choose to walk or rent bicycles and tour the valley at their own pace. For water adventures, rent a kayak, canoe, jet ski or even a pontoon boat. Food service, gift shop and small store with camping staples are located near the boat dock. Along with the obvious scenery, there are the visitors themselves ranging from nicely dressed day tourists to scurfy hikers who have been on the Pacific Crest Trail all the way from the Mexican border. Plan at least two days to properly photograph Stehekin and the surrounding area.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.