About this spot
Stari Bar (Old Bar) is a historical site and an open air museum near the more modern, port town of Bar. Its earliest beginnings date back to the 8th century, but the ruins that you can visit are from early medieval times until its destruction in the Montenegrin-Turkish wars in the 19th century. Even if photographing ‘piles of stone’ is not your thing, this place has such an incredible setting amongst the surrounding mountains that it is worth visiting for this alone.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.