St Andrew’s Church, Sutton-in-the-Isle
3 images 1 contributors
About this spot
St Andrew’s is one of the great churches of the Fens and, were it not for the close proximity of Ely Cathedral, would probably be more famous and appreciated than it usually is . Most medieval churches in fenland are built on an 'island', which would have been isolated pieces of land that rose from amidst the drenched fens and provided a safe haven where the fenland folk could live, keep some livestock and worship. As with so many great churches in the fenland area this means that the church and tower are prominent from miles around.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.