About this spot
Southerscales scar is a nature reserve just below the summit of Ingleborough that contains large areas of limestone pavement, twisted trees and deep grykes that provide shelter for some rarer plant species. Some parts of this limestone pavement can look messy and difficult to photograph whilst others are much more photogenic, so it's worth spending time exploring the area to find the best spots.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.