About this spot
Soda Butte was formed more than a century ago by a hot thermal spring. The cone is made up of calcium carbonate also known as travertine. This large cone sits very close to the road approximately 12 miles (19 km) from the Northeast Entrance and 15 miles (24 km) from the Tower-Roosevelt Junction.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.