About this spot
The monument was built to commemorate the defenders of Shipka Pass during the Russsian-Turkish War from 1877 - 78. It is 31.5 m tall and 890 steps lead up to it. The entrance to the Memorial is guarded by a powerful bronze lion – symbol of the Bulgarian state. The highest platform of the Liberty Memorial affords a beautiful panoramic view of the surrounding area.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.