Shoot with care
Be sensitive to differing political and religious views.
About this spot
The Shankill Road is one of the main roads leading through west Belfast, in Northern Ireland. It runs through the predominantly loyalist, area known as the Shankill. During the Troubles, Shankill was a centre of loyalist activity and today it is still predominantly unionist and loyalist. Street art here has been used to express political and social sentiment as well as to demarcate the loyalist vs republican communities in this area of Belfast.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers