About this spot
On warm, summer days this location can be teeming with locals and tourists alike; family picnics, boating trips and even swimmers. If you're looking for somewhere quiet to relax, then this probably isn't the best spot but it can certainly come into its own under moody skies. As an additional little fact, this is the second largest lake in North Yorkshire, after Malham Tarn.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.