About this spot
It's easy to drive right past this view and never know what you missed, but a 1 minute walk from the road leads to one of the best views in the Dales. This faces west, up the dale and into the prevailing winds though, so can sometimes be difficult to photograph as you battle the wind and rain flying into your camera. It's worth it though, and on calm days can simply be a beautiful spot to sit and relax whilst waiting for sunset. If you're after somewhere to sit, try venturing down the hill a short way where you'll find a bench with a view - a perfect picnic spot.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.