About this spot
This location is one of the highest natural points of elevation within the city limits. It offers excellent views of the classical Greenwich Naval Colleges (designed by Christopher Wren who also designed St Paul’s Cathedral) with the modern Canary Wharf in the background – one of the finest examples of architectural contrast in the city. To the west (pictured) is a view of the City of London with its numerous skyscrapers. The site is also significant as the point of origin of the Greenwich Meridian Line.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.