5 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Rodanthe Pier offers the unique opportunity to walk up on the deck without having to pay an entrance fee (the walk on fee is minor and good for the entire day). You cannot walk out on the pier without paying, but you can see out to the end of the pier and decide whether the conditions are right for pictures or not. For most photographers, the best place to photograph this traditional, 700-foot long pier is from the beach. It is an ideal location for sunrises and for watching the waves crash against the pillars.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.