About this spot
The Rhododendron Species Foundation & Botanical Garden contains the largest collections of species rhododendrons in the world, displaying more than 700 rhododendron species collected from North America, Asia, and Europe on 22 acres. In addition to rhodies, the garden is home to other flowering and ornamental trees, spring flowers, a fern-covered stumpery (a collection of downed trees and stumps), and a tropical conservatory. The Victorian Stumpery is the world’s largest public stumpery. The 5,000-square foot Rutherford Conservatory features tropical rhododendrons and other plants from China and Southeast Asia, including several species no longer found in the wild.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.