Rainbow Pool – Black Sand Basin
2 images 1 contributors
About this spot
Rainbow Pool is one of the larger and more colorful springs you will find in Black Sand Basin. The spring is about 100 feet across (30.5 M). Although the spring is normally a calm body of water it did erupt to a height of up to 100 feet (30.5M) in May of 1996, but has been dormant ever since.
Join PhotoHound to learn how, where and when to capture amazing photos here
- Know the best times, seasons & shooting conditions
- Detailed directions - maps, co-ordinates and directions
- Know how to get there - where to park or how to reach there using public transport
- Browse inspirational photos and learn how they were taken - see the EXIF details
- Bookmark your favourite spots for future reference
- Know exactly when to shoot for beautiful photographs - sunrise, sunset, blue hour and astrophotography
- Detailed, 7-day weather forecast at this location
- Share your images with like-minded travel photographers
This spot appears in 1 guide.